a note*

Everything I post here I have previously published on the many other blogs I have had. This is a place for my favourites to rest. These are the wings that taught me i could fly and that there is life waiting, far beyond the ridge.

If you care to comment, just drop me an email at grayhawk77@yahoo.com

rick

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Swallowed in Green


Sometimes, emotions come in a flood. Sometimes rest, peace and love come in a torrent. Sometimes it's best to just give in and be washed over.


my
feet in sand
soft and giving
cool
and washed over

the sound
a whisper
that roars
in beckon
and warn
just
the way
I like it

it fills
my ears
and then my heart
and then my past
and then my future
and then my pulse
and then
I burst into surf

breaking over rocks
I rush
to join it
onslaught poured
it swallows
me full

drowning
in emerald silence

so quiet
so peaceful
so full
a hum
that kneads
and lifts my surrender

I roll
to engulf
and quake
in silent forever

my body
naked for shiver
in wet entwine
bends
to know green fingers
of insidious delight

a spectacle,
I,
for those
that light the way
of nature’s
blended fury

above me,
a storm
easts
to Jacob’s herd
and Rachel’s jealousy

but here,
all is calm
in silent drift
and
breathless mercy
as I green
to aqua blue
becoming turquoise
digest
as yesterday’s
wine.

~rick