a note*

Everything I post here I have previously published on the many other blogs I have had. This is a place for my favourites to rest. These are the wings that taught me i could fly and that there is life waiting, far beyond the ridge.

If you care to comment, just drop me an email at grayhawk77@yahoo.com

rick

Monday, July 9, 2012

I saw a gypsy


Watching Gypsies







I saw a gypsy
or did she see me




She moved like a kite
on a wild day


How many ways can locks fly
in perfect stray




she frames the day
and calls it her own
who dare challenge?




Taller than height
longer than reach
more real than she is

she measures me
and I bow in honor


Measures;
my wallet
my scarf
my heart


She'll take it all
and laugh at my ruin

I'll only miss her
and her ways

her freedom
her snares for others

her knowing
of my heart

To lay with a king
or paupers
no matter


only their spangles and baubles
now hers



fingers rolling through fields of glass
she makes them sparkle


Does she know love
or even lust
or the difference?

or just the love of lust
for all things others

Propriety mocked
laws ridiculed
the laws of cleanliness
what she deems for the day

Where then the elegance?
in the wildness
of her boldnes


I saw a gypsy
and she was me
hidden from fear
unshackled and loosed

bound by freedom alone

but only for a moment
and she was gone


~Rick