a note*

Everything I post here I have previously published on the many other blogs I have had. This is a place for my favourites to rest. These are the wings that taught me i could fly and that there is life waiting, far beyond the ridge.

If you care to comment, just drop me an email at grayhawk77@yahoo.com

rick

Monday, July 9, 2012

Dragonflies & Butterfly Fish


It was a thousand years ago, and somehow just yesterday.
Public beaches, jet skis, fishermen and her to he on a hot July afternoon. She always was the one with brass balls and a way with water. His choices were obvious.
should we?

I suppose not.

I will.
I know.

is not my smile
enough
?
yes.
is not the whiteness
of my raised chill
enough?

more than.

watch me.
see my hair
float, then lay.
see my arms
orchestrate
as humble wheat
to August wind
.

this I see.

do not my eyes
paint the wet around me?

yes.
in deep-sea mascara
.

The fish,
how they wag.
the dragonflies
who light upon my shoulder,
all speak approval
while to all others
I don’t even

~exist.
-
do I exist
to you?
yes.
the dragonflies say so,
and I believe.


this moment ,
this chance,
will swim to distant shores
in the wake of
butterfly fish.
and the coupling of blue-green
eyes
will fly
on the magic
of dragonfly wings
.

yes,
my tears
that hide
and strain
behind my tame torn heart
say it is so.


so come to my depth.
I’ll light upon your hips
and teach you
what dragonflies
and butterfly fishes
have taught me.
-
will you?
will you come to my depth?
yes.

and he did.
and they swam.
and the distant shore
waited in vain.
~rick